English for journalism
Who should attend?
- Practicing journalists and correspondents who need English for any aspect of their work
- Students thinking about studying journalism at university
- Post-graduate students and others with a professional interest in the media
Participants must have a good intermediate level of English and some knowledge of journalism.
By the end of the course participants should have:
- Increased oral fluency in general, and in their specialised field
- Extended the range of media vocabulary
- Developed their listening skills
- Improved their pronunciation
- Worked on written texts and analysed the language used
- Extended their writing skills to cover different styles
- Acquired learning strategies for future studies.
The course begins with an in-depth analysis of a participant’s needs. This is important as the communication needs of a print journalist will differ from those working in the broadcast media. The classes then focus on developing the overall ability of each participant to use English effectively to communicate precisely and efficiently in their particular area of expertise.
Consequently, the course includes English for:
- Meetings and discussions
- Telephone communication
- Giving presentations
- Socialising and networking
- Writing emails and blogs
- Understanding complex text in topical areas (politics, world affairs, sports etc)
A task-based programme designed for professionals who use English in their work and wish to increase their confidence and fluency for social and business purposes.
English is the language of international business and this course will equip you to participate fully in the global arena. Using our innovative, project-based course you will develop and practice your business English skills with hands-on experience in realistic simulations. You will be fully engaged in your lessons and will learn through doing.
The course is designed to develop and provide you with new skills to help ensure you have more confidence in reading, listening, speaking and writing in English in a typical office or business setting.
- You will improve all areas of your English language skills
- Learn through realistic scenarios and situations during class
- Develop your confidence and allow you to comfortably engage in meetings and conferences
- Progress your career with an international exam qualification (Cambridge BEC)
* This course is subject to availability.